Representing Sessional Lecturers at the University of Saskatchewan
We are the University of Saskatchewan Sessional Lecturers’ Union. Through collective bargaining, we strive to provide our members with the fair wages and working conditions they deserve. Our members never stop working for their students, and we never stop advocating for our members’ rights. Fair representation for sessional lecturers improves quality of education for our students and strengthens our University community.
CUPE 3287 Members Reject University’s “Best and Final” Offer
Ballots were counted earlier today, March 13, 2023, for the vote on the employer’s “Best and Final Offer” [PDF, 6 Mb], supervised by Saskatchewan Labour Relations Board. The employer’s offer was soundly rejected, with 69% of participating members voting “no.”
Further details will be provided by our Negotiating Committee in short order.
Parking Spaces for Spring/Summer Term, 2023 (May – August)
Parking spaces for the 2023 Spring/Summer Term go on sale beginning April 3, 2023. The union makes a limited number of parking spaces available to sessional lecturers on a cost-recovery basis.
Find more information, including pricing and dates, on our Parking Services page.
February 2023 Newsletter
Check out the latest issue of our newsletter below:
Frequently Asked Questions
Did you know that, as a U of S sessional lecturer and member of CUPE 3287:
- You have a union that will support you if you have job-related problems?
- You can apply for on-campus parking through your union?
- You can apply for professional development funding to attend a conference or for other projects related to your teaching practice or academic research?
- You can apply for a tuition waiver to take a course at the U of S
- You are eligible for health and dental benefits?
- You can apply for a Right of First Refusal if you have taught a course three times or more in a four year period?
- You have the opportunity to serve as a member on a University or union committee?
- You may be eligible for Employment Insurance benefits if you are not teaching in a given term or during the Spring and Summer session?
- You are invited to social occasions throughout the year where you can meet other sessional lecturers?
- Events and announcements
- Members of the Union Executive
- Job postings and application forms
- Rates of pay [external link]
- CUPE 3287 Parking Services
- Professional development and tuition waiver fund information
- Right of First Refusal
- Agendas and Minutes from CUPE 3287 Members’ Meetings
- News from NowHere (our newsletter)
- CUPE 3287 Collective Agreement [external link]
- Sylvia Wallace Sessional Lecturer Award [external link]
- CUPE Equality Statement [external link]
- CUPE 3287 on Facebook [external link]