We are the University of Saskatchewan Sessional Lecturers’ Union. Through collective bargaining, we strive to provide our members with the fair wages and working conditions they deserve. Our members never stop working for their students, and we never stop advocating for their rights. Fair representation for sessional lecturers improves quality of education for our students and strengthens our University community.
Frequently Asked Questions
Did you know that, as a U of S sessional lecturer and member of CUPE 3287:
- You have a union that will support you if you have job related problems?
- You can apply for on-campus parking through your union?
- You can apply for professional development funding to attend a conference or for other projects related to your teaching practice or academic research?
- You can apply for a tuition waiver to take a course at the U of S
- You are eligible for health and dental benefits?
- You can apply for a Right of First Refusal if you have taught a course 3 times or more in a four year period?
- You have the opportunity to serve as a member on a university or union committee?
- You may be eligible for Employment Insurance benefits if you are not teaching in a given term or during the spring and summer session?
- You are invited to social occasions throughout the year where you can meet other sessional lecturers?
Winter Term Parking
Parking spaces for Winter Term 2020 session are still available.
16 spaces are available (7 in G Lot, 7 in F Lot and 2 in V Lot). Locations of these lots can be viewed here:
Parking spaces are made available on a ‘first come, first served’ basis; spaces are not reserved until payment has been received. Please note that the available number of spaces is relatively small and they tend to sell out quickly. Further details on pricing can be found here.
To arrange for parking and payment, please contact the CUPE 3287 Parking Coordinator, Roberta Campbell-Chudoba: firstname.lastname@example.org or (306) 222-5781.