Collective Agreement

Our 2019-2021 Collective Agreement can be viewed or downloaded via the links below. If you have questions about the Collective Agreement, please get in touch with our executive members.

CUPE 3287 2019-2021 Collective Agreement (PDF, 492 kb.)

CUPE 3287 2019-2021 Collective Agreement (Web)

Membership Form

If you are a new member, or are returning to the union after a period of absence, please copy the membership oath located in the box below, paste it in the comment section and affirm it by checking affirmation statement.

I promise to support and obey the Constitution of this Union, to work to improve the economic and social conditions of other members and other workers, to defend and work to improve the democratic rights and liberties of workers and that I will not purposely or knowingly harm or assist in harming another member of the Union.

Alternatively, you can fill out a membership form and return it to our office.

Job Postings and Application Forms

Applications for Employment

Current sessional lecturer postings are listed on the University of Saskatchewan’s Careers website (Click on the “Current Opportunities” tab. Despite the site’s prompt, you do not have to login in order to view the postings).

If you click on “apply” while viewing a particular posting, a downloadable application form, usable for either early or current applications, will appear. Postings are open for only one week starting on the Wednesday indicated. However, an early application can be filed in advance of any particular posting. An early application ensures priority consideration for any last minute postings or if you forget to track the actual postings.

For University of Saskatchewan employees, the current and early application for employment form is available online. You will need to enter your NSID and password in order to access this form. If you have not yet taught a course at the U of S, you can access a hard copy of the application for employment [MS Word, 73 kb.]. We encourage you to contact the department to which you wish to apply directly in order to introduce yourself.

Always apply in writing to teach a course. If you are asked by your department to teach a course, always follow up with a written account to them of what and when you are willing to teach. Please note also that verbal offers likely are not legally binding on the employer, so make sure you get a letter of offer from the university in a timely manner. Applications to teach a course should be submitted to the academic department responsible for the course.


Right of First Refusal

A sessional lecturer who has taught the same course three times in the space of four years is usually eligible to request Right of First Refusal (ROFR). Right of First Refusal means that the applicant will be hired when the course is posted on a Sessional basis (unless another applicant has Right of First Refusal and more priority). Application for ROFR should be submitted to the Dean of the College in which the department resides. The Dean’s office then will consult the department. You can access the following forms online (click on “More” under “Find Forms and More”):

Right of first refusal expires if the course is not taught for two years.

The Department Priority List is accessible online (NSID and password required).

Funds and Benefits

Academic Participation/Professional Development and Tuition Waiver Fund

CUPE 3287 members are encouraged to apply for professional development funds, including the Academic Participation/Professional Development fund and the Tuition Waiver fund.  Since July 2017 these funds have been combined and are administered directly by the union.

Guidelines [PDF, 118 kb.]

Application Form [MS Word, 78 kb.]

Please Note: The next deadline for applications to the AP/PD/Tuition Waiver Fund is September 30, 2021. Anyone who has taught as a sessional lecturer within the preceding six months or who is currently teaching in the 2021 Fall term is eligible to apply.

Employee and Family Assistance Program

Sessional Lecturers have access to the Employee and Family Assistance Program, providing confidential counselling, legal support, and financial planning resources.  Training Services provides online and instructor-led software training courses.

Health, Dental, and Life Insurance Benefits

Visit the University of Saskatchewan’s Human Resources website for information about funds and benefits available to sessional lecturers.

Benefits Summary

Employer Proposal Eligibility

University of Saskatchewan employees in-scope of CUPE 3287 who are not eligible under the university’s other benefits programs.

Commencement of Coverage

Effective September 1, 2016 coverage begins on the initial appointment date as stated in your letter of offer.

  1. Basic Life
  • Basic Life Insurance $30,000 during the course of the appointment(s)
  1. Dental
  • Dental Coverage – 100% of Basic Dental Coverage, member only, up to $2000 per calendar year Basic Dental Services include:
  • Preventative Dental Procedures
    • Complete exam once every three benefit years
    • Recall exam once every five months, to a maximum of two exams per benefit year
    • Emergency or specific exams limited to two per benefit year per type of exam
    • Complete series of X-rays or one panorex once every three benefit years
    • Bitewing x-ray once every five months, to a maximum of two sets per benefit year
    • Radiograph to diagnose or examine progress
    • Required consultations with another dentist
    • Polishing/cleaning and topical fluoride treatment every five months, to a maximum of two per benefit year
    • Emergency or palliative services
    • Diagnostics tests and lab exams
    • Removal of impacted teeth and anesthesia
    • Space maintainers for primary teeth
    • Pit and fissure sealants
    • Oral hygiene instruction once per benefit year
  • Basic Procedures
    • Fillings:
      • Amalgam (silver)
      • Composite (white) on all teeth o   Acrylic (replaced by composite)
    • Removal of teeth (except impacted teeth)
    • Prefab metal restorations/crowns and repairs (not custom made) A prefabricated crown that is intended for long-term use (and not in conjunction with the placement of a permanent crown) would be eligible under the plan
    • Endodontics (root canal therapy/fillings, treat disease of pulp tissue)
    • Periodontics (treatment of bone and gum disease)
    • Surgery and related anesthesia (except removal of impacted teeth)
    • Repair of bridges or dentures
    • Rebase or reline denture
  • Pre-treatment Plan

If your dentist recommends any dental procedure that is expected to cost over $500 you should have your dentist complete a pre-treatment plan. Submit this plan to the insurer and you will be advised of the benefits payable for the course of treatment. Submitting a pre-treatment plan ensures that there are no misunderstandings about what reimbursement you will received for expensive courses of treatment.

  1. Health/Drug Coverage
  • Drug Coverage for you and your dependents -100% coverage for up to a maximum of $2000 per person per calendar year subject to the drug formulary.
  • Direct pay drug card, with mandatory generic substitutions.
  1. Note: Termination of Coverage
  • Coverage will cease upon the end date of the appointment as stated in the letter of offer.

Other Resources

CUPE Local 3287 Bylaws
Web Resources
Financial Statements / Reports

Are available in the Union office for inspection by members.

Union Forms